An incredible opportunity for an experienced Combat Designer to join our AAA client’s world-renowned franchise, a new game based on a major IP. A leading publisher of fun, action-adventure games.
• Shipped AAA quality action/adventure titles as a Combat Designer
• Have experience working on PC/Console games
• Skilled in UE4 or UE5 with Blueprint scripting experience
• Rapid prototyping skills
• Confident in explaining and describing the different approaches that create compelling and fun combat encounters
• Knowledge of game design with an exceptional understanding of combat and encounter design, balancing, difficulty, progression, feel and useability
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the Lead Designer, drive and build high-quality combat systems which support the vision and creative pillars of the game
• Closely collaborate with other disciplines to create engaging and fun combat systems, features, mechanics and encounters from concept to final
• Research, analyse and pitch combat designs and features to other disciplines to ensure it’s understood and supported in the game
• Ensure that the character combat design is distinctive, intuitive and satisfying with combat strategies clearly understood by the player
• Define and maintain design documentation and ensure it’s clearly communicated across teams
• Able to work autonomously
This role can be remote if you are based in the UK. Relocation and Visa support can be provided to relocate to the UK.
Prior experience in these areas would be desirable but the studio really values talent and passion above all else!
Get in touch with email@example.com for more information about this incredible opportunity!
We are partnered with numerous studios so if this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for your next role still get in touch and we can discuss what you’re looking for.