We’re looking for an Engagement Designer with experience in Meta Game, Progression, Engagement and Retention design. To join our AAA client in the production phase of a Free-to-Play PvP Action game. Responsible for designing, implementing, balancing and maintaining meta game features, player progression and player competition. Creating meaningful goals and activities for players to strive for.
• Design and collaborate on metagame and progression systems and features for long term player retention and engagement
• Articulating, pitching and presenting engagement features and systems for the project to adopt and develop
• Monitor trends on engagement systems in order to identify best practices, achieve optimal results and innovation
• Be a stakeholder in the frontend, to make sure that retention and engagement features are part of a cohesive experience design
• Analyse the impact of changes in the game and identify opportunities that will have a positive impact on engagement in development and as part of the Live Service
• Track the performance of engagement and retention features, and suggest alterations and improvements in live context, to achieve healthy performance indicators
• Continuously balance and optimize retention and engagement features for achieving the best player enjoyment and engagement
• 3+ years or more experience in similar roles
• Has shipped AAA, F2P games
• Has experience with balancing in-game economies (XP, Reward Frequency, etc.)
• Experience using analytics and telemetry to make design decisions
• Experience working on live service game
• Great cross collaboration skills
• Ability to articulate and champion features and initiatives in a diverse group of developers
This role is hybrid in Sweden. Relocation and Visa support can be provided.
Prior experience in these areas would be desirable but the studio really values talent and passion above all else!
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this incredible opportunity!
We are partnered with numerous studios so if this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for your next role still get in touch and we can discuss what you’re looking for.