A fantastic UK based games studio is looking for a Lead 2D/UI Artist to join their dedicated Art team working on some incredible and exciting AAA IP projects.
This role is a Hybrid position with Visa and relocation also being offered.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Able to create UI & 2D style guides.
- Effectively manage a team of 2D & UI Artists.
- Maintain the art vision and style set out by the Art Director.
- Inspire the 2D / UI art team and driving the UI art and techology forward.
- Design and implementation of game menus and interfaces.
- With the Art Director, perform regular appraisals, reviews and objective setting for the 2D team.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of staff for own team.
- Liaise with external service providers if required.
- Prepare and monitor task schedules for the 2D team.
- Define and enforce good working practices based on the project’s scope and resources.
- Monitor and coordinate dependencies between different departments.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash.
- At least 1+ shipped title in a Lead position and a strong UI focused portfolio.
- Extensive game development experience.
- Management and project planning experience.
- Excellent communications skills to work with other departments.
- Strong passion for games.
- Excellent understanding of production procedures and software employed in the team.
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to manage, plan and organise time.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines at all levels.
- Team leadership qualities and a team player
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine and the according toolset.
- Video Editing and Motion Graphics experience.
- Traditional painting and drawing skills.