Do you love leading and inspiring a team? Do you have a deep understanding of third-person combat mechanics? As well as an impressive track record of successfully shipped AAA titles? I’m on the hunt for a Lead Combat Designer to join our AAA client to work on their highly anticipated unreleased fantasy project!
• 8 years of game design experience, with 3 years in a leadership role
• 1 or more AAA full dev-cycle titles shipped where you were in charge of player combat mechanics and abilities
• Impressive problem-solver with a deep understanding of third-person combat mechanics
• A passion to develop people and create a supportive team culture
• Lead and manage the combat team whilst prioritizing their personal and professional development
• Collaborate with the other leads and production to fully realize the game’s vision
• Work with project management to create, optimize and maintain workflows/pipelines to ensure the team’s work aligns with game vision and goals whilst meeting milestones
• Inspire the team to create engaging, innovative and high-quality combat design mechanics, weapons and abilities that exceeds player expectations
• Be a mentor and guide the team, fostering creativity, collaboration and excellence
• Foster strong relationships between cross-functioning teams, animators, gameplay programmers etc to prototype and implement combat features
This studio works hybrid, has multiple locations around Europe to choose from.
Relocation and Visa support can be provided.
Get in touch with email@example.com for more information about this incredible opportunity!
We are partnered with numerous studios so if this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for your next role still get in touch and we can discuss what you’re looking for.