We’re on the hunt for a Lead Level Designer to play a crucial role in realising our clients’ vision and join the early development of their most ambitious multi-platform AAA project yet! You’ll be collaborating with multidisciplinary teams and contributing to the implementation of captivating game features and systems for their cutting-edge games and experiences.
• Work closely with the leadership team to formulate a high-level plan for designing, implementing, and validating levels.
• Coordinate the level design team across various disciplines to craft levels that showcase core mechanics and enhance storytelling/world-building.
• Oversee the workload and productivity of a team of up to five level designers.
• Identify and implement process improvements to boost team creativity and productivity.
• Seasoned in creating levels throughout the entire development cycle for console/PC action-adventure games.
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of the Unreal Engine level creation pipeline.
• Highly organized, forward-thinking, and adept at communicating design information across disciplines.
• Fluent in English.
BONUS POINTS FOR
• Spatial design and environment modeling skills.
• Experience in narrative or mechanics design for console games.
• Hands-on work in the engine to demonstrate best-in-class implementation.
This studio works hybrid and is based in Amsterdam. They are looking for EU citizens or those with valid Working Visas.
Prior experience in these areas would be desirable but the studio really values talent and passion above all else!
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this incredible opportunity!
We are partnered with numerous studios so if this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for your next role still get in touch and we can discuss what you’re looking for.