An incredible VR studio based in The Netherlands is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to shape the future of their latest VR blockbuster Title.
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to steer implementation of engaging game features and systems for our groundbreaking VR games and experiences? Then we should meet!
- Drive improvements and maintain the toolchain for art asset creation and optimization that meet the team’s needs.
- Innovate on techniques in asset creation that get the best visual results from the target platform.
- Instigate high-level art-related decisions throughout the development cycle regarding art-related project risks.
- Train other artists in best practices, tools and processes
- Lead our team of up to 4 Technical Artists, planning their work and monitoring their performance.
- Optimize scenes and assets and find creative solutions to ensure an optimal player experience.
- Research and implement technical improvements to our pipeline.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and new technologies related to VR optimization and asset creation.
- Provide technical tools and guidance to ensure art assets meet performance and quality standards.
- A solid understanding of rendering theory from cutting edge console to mobile.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine 4/5, from blueprinting to materials and shaders, etc.
- An expert in optimization for both high end and mobile, from profiling to rolling out content fixes.
- Experienced in managing people and an interest in aiding other technical artists in their growth.
- Strong technical insight; from content creation to getting it to run in a game.
- An affinity with workflow optimization and knowledge of Python; writing scripts and tools that make life easier.
- You are an effective communicator with management and the team.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR.
- Substance Painter & Designer experience.
- Highly experienced with Houdini.
- Programming skills in C++ and/or C#.
- Understanding of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages.
- Modeling and texturing abilities.