A fantastic AAA London based studio is looking for a Principal Environment Artist to join them working on an amazing new addition to a popular mecha franchise title!
Create Environment assets varying in scale and complexity.
Model assets using reference photographs and concept Art materials.
Work with the Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to create high-quality environments in keeping with the project’s visual direction.
Produce work within performance specifications under strict deadlines.
Review and implement your work using the game editor.
Troubleshoot asset errors and action creative feedback.
Collaborate with other sub-disciplines such as Level Design, Lighting and VFX.
Coach and mentor junior-level staff through knowledge sharing.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of high-quality environment work.
- A strong understanding of shape, form and composition.
- Proven abilities in optimised 3D asset creation.
- Expert-level experience with PBR workflows.
- Proficiency with industry-standard modelling tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya.
- Experience working with Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well self-directing as well as within a team.
- Worked with industry-standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
- An understanding of the impact of Environment Art on Level Design.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- Skills with supporting software such as Zbrush and Substance Designer.
- A mixture of hard surface and foliage asset modelling skills.
- Set dressing and beautification experience.
- Houdini or other procedural tooling skills.
- Photogrammetry experience.
- Basic level lighting skills.