Based in Guildford, An exciting games studio are looking for an exceptionally skilled Principal Technical Artist to guide the creation and improvement of the art production pipeline for an unannounced AAA free-to-play game.
This role is based in Guilford,UK and will require you to be in studio multiple days of the week. Relocation and Visas are supported.
You’ll be passionate about art production pipelines, asset management, and organizational file structures and naming conventions.
You’ll bring your excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to take critique and give feedback to external partners, as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
- Create, improve, and enforce the use of art production solutions and pipelines across every art discipline
- Work closely with the Lead to ensure that all high-level art goals can be met, and that long-term Tech dependencies are anticipated
- Work closely with the Lead to ensure that any impact on the Art department by Tech decisions or changes are anticipated and can be actioned on if necessary
- Support and mentor the Tech Art team and help them develop their skills and career goals
- Proven experience as a Senior or Principal Technical Artist
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (or above)
- Strong knowledge of C++ in the context of Unreal Engine
- Expertise in shader development, reviewing and optimizing
- Understanding of modern rendering pipelines, with the ability to help other
- Understanding of performance optimization techniques and related software, including Renderdoc, Pix, Unreal Insights, and how to turn findings into actionable changes and improvements to the art
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with version control systems (Perforce, Git) and ability to teach the essentials to artists
Bonus skills to have:
- Knowledge of art pipeline and infrastructure development using Python
- Blueprint scripting experience in Unreal to assist in building editor tooling for the art team
- Knowledge of procedural content generation tools like Houdini Engine
- Working with art production tools for 3ds Max, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Maya