A fantastic AAA Nordic studio are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join their project team working on a classic franchise game title!
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will be involved in all aspects of creating the environments from start to finish. From idea generation, gray boxing, asset creation, modelling, texturing, materials, sculpting, propping, polish, and optimization. You will integrate everything into our proprietary engine and get a lot of ownership of the environments you create.
Your extensive experience from AAA game development enables you to reach the creative vision for the project as well as setting new standards for graphics in our game.
What you will do:
- Collaborate closely with our Art Director, Concept Artists, and the rest of the Environment Art team in the creation of in-game environments.
- Block out levels together with level design that respect metrics and cinematic requirements, while also creating conceptually interesting spaces.
- Share knowledge to team members as needed and collaborate in achieving outstanding environments.
- Help come with new ideas for how we can keep up to date and improve our workflow and pipelines.
- Translate concepts into producible game assets by creating modular and reusable assets.
- Be responsible for the final art asset production for certain parts of the game.
- Prepare for and create outsourcing handouts and give feedback on deliveries from our outsourcing partners.
- When required, assist lighting artists and tech artists in their work for game environments.
- Work closely with technical artists, using a mix of third party and proprietary tools, setting up art for optimal execution and displaying in our game engine.
- Add final polish to already existing graphics.
- Fix bugs and optimize game assets for required performance and compliance with specifications on various platforms.
Who you are:
- You are a well-versed game artist and have worked on at least one AAA title.
- You are not afraid of taking on responsibility and new challenges.
- You have in-depth understanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game art creation.
- You can do thorough optimization of environments and assets, making them ready to be placed in-engine.
- A passion for knowledge sharing to the rest of the team and collaborating with them in achieving the ambitions we have set for our game.
- Have experience working cross-disciplinary, with direction, concept, environment artists, technical artists and level designers, among other disciplines.
- You are proficiency in one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya, or other).