Our award-winning AAA client is looking for an experienced Senior Social Systems Designer who is passionate about systems and how to bring players together, forming friendships through online gaming. You will design and share innovative features to build, engage, and nurture player interactions and relationships.
• Promote safe, healthy and fun social experiences between players
• Analyse how games on the market utilize social interactions and explore creative ways for players to connect in-game
• Design matchmaking systems that promote like-minded players to find each other
• Design verbal and non-verbal communication tools for players on cooperative challenges
• Collaborate with the design team to ensure promotion of positive social experience and prevent abuse in all features
• Design and ensure early integration and testing of moderation tools that promotes safe community
• Work closely with all departments to ensure a timely delivery of design documents and in-game features
• Coordinate with QA to make sure game features are fully tested and stable
• Work closely with the community developers to ensure social systems work as intended
• 5+ years of experience as a Game Designer, with shipped AAA titles and demonstrable experience working on social systems (e.g. player communication, matchmaking, moderation tools, and first party platform integration)
• Understand features and limitations of console platform social features
• Understand and can adapt to technical limitations of online environments
• Have experience with node-based scripting to prototype and implement your ideas
• Can clearly advocate and prioritise social features to stakeholders, ensuring the design and community philosophies are consistent
• Clear English communication skills, strong problem solving skills, and a willingness to support others
This studio works hybrid and is based in Amsterdam. Relocation assistance is provided. Preference for EU Citizens or those with valid Working Visas to start the position as quickly as possible.
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this incredible opportunity!
We are partnered with numerous studios so if this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for your next role still get in touch and we can discuss what you’re looking for.