Our client is an exciting and well-funded internet video games start-up that is growing rapidly, aiming to add 30 people to their team in the next 6 months and are looking for a Senior Tech Artist to join them ASAP!
After smashing success with Web 3.0 games, they are now levelling up to create an entirely new games studio, combing the best of Age of Empires (developing civilization), Total War (Battle) and Crusader Kings (Political strategy/intrigue) to create the world’s biggest next-generation strategy game. Finally, a gaming experience design by gamers, for gamers, that will set new standards for the industry and gaming enthusiasts worldwide.
They’ve just been through significant funding rounds and looking to expand on a world-class team that is going to reshape the future of gaming.
Be part of this revolution!
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be tasked with creating shaders and tools that fit our artists’
needs, improve the efficiency of the art production pipeline as well as perform profiling during
the performance optimization phase.
• Set-up, maintain and improve the art production pipeline;
• Support the art team with exporting or art assets (environments, props, animations) from
3dsmax to Unity;
• Create, optimize and debug shaders and materials graphs throughout production;
• Develop or determine tools and methods to enhance and facilitate work of the art team;
• Use diagnostic tools to examine game performance, and identify areas for improvement;
• Balance the demands of the art department and the technical limitations from the engineers;
• Create best-practices documentation for art team on creating great-looking optimized game
assets (models, textures, shaders, lighting, FX, etc.);
• Improve rendering, lighting, and post processing to enhance visual quality and achieve better
• Provide constant technical support for tools and the engine to all the team members;
• Collaborate with art and engineering staff on art pipeline improvements;
• Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems;
• Supervise art data integration and validation in the engine;
• Act as a role as technical mentor for the art team.
• Minimum of three years of experience in a digital art content creation pipeline in the game
• Experienced in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling,
unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
• Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
• Familiar with mainstreanm 3D game engine, Unity experience is preferred.
• Being proficient in Shader and development tools, improve art quality and development
efficiency through technbical means.
• Excllent communication skills and pressure resistance, good sense of teamwork.