Do you have a passion for making games and designing the technical aspects of their creation? We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Designer to act as the technical reference for designers on our client’s AAA project.
What we need:
• At least 1 full development-cycle, shipped AAA current gen title (PS4/XBOX ONE) that features multiplayer components
• Experienced in creating first or third-person shooters
• Experience with scripting or programming language (visual or text based)
• Skilled at prototyping gameplay mechanics and understand multiple areas of design
• Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc)
• Experience with people management, mentoring and line management
• Able to write high quality and thorough design documentation
What you’ll be doing:
• Proving new features by developing prototypes for the design team to experiment with
• Liaise with other disciplines to ensure implementation meets the design brief
• Support the programming team in debugging and optimization
• Implementing scripted features on systems or levels
• Act as the technical reference for designers
• Mentor, coach, manage and direct other designers when necessary
• Identifying designers to work on features, levels or products
• Regularly be part of peer reviews
This is a 4-day work week (in studio) position in the UK. Visa/Sponsorship and relocation support available.
Get in touch with email@example.com for more information about this incredible opportunity!
We are partnered with numerous studios so if this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for your next role still get in touch and we can discuss what you’re looking for.